The descriptions below gives you a broad indication of your child’s development
Contact your doctor for more information.
- The nerves in the brain develop at this stage. By the time the baby is full term the brain will hold over 6 million synapses. The child’s potential brain power will be enormous
- The baby’s senses will also be fully developed by this stage.
- You will feel the baby moving around as it increasingly fills the womb.
- If you don’t speak Irish yourself why not ask relatives, friends or neighbours to speak Irish with your child when it is born?
- You might take the opportunity to get in touch with Tús Maith if you have any concerns or questions on how to introduce Irish from birth.