This is a good time to discuss language choice.
It’s good to form a habit early on.
The descriptions below give you a broad indication of your child’s development.
Contact your doctor for more information.
- By week 14 the mouth, tongue and throat will have developed. The foetus has all the basic equipment needed for speech.
- This is the stage at which a scan is taken – your first opportunity to see your baby!
- The baby is more active now, so you might begin to feel a few kicks and prods during this stage.
- This is a good time to discuss language issues with your partner. How can you help each other to introduce Irish from the start?
- If you need more information on introducing Irish from the start go to www.comhluadar.ie