You’ll be making decisions about your baby’s health and it’s also an opportunity to consider what language you might use with your baby.
The descriptions below give you a broad indication of your child’s development.
Contact your doctor for more detailed information.
- At this stage the embryo is formed and embeds itself on the wall of the uterus
- The heart will be the first organ to form followed by the brain and other vital organs
- Identical twins will separate at this stage
- You will need to begin to make some important decisions with regard to your baby’s health and development at this time.
- It’s also an opportunity for you to consider your aspirations for your child in terms of the Irish language
- It’s not too early to start thinking about which language you will speak with your baby. Setting positive language relationships from the start is so important.