The description below gives you a broad indication of your child’s development.
Contact your doctor for more detailed information.
- Your bump is becoming increasingly obvious at this stage, so a chance for Mam to buy maternity clothes!
- The small bones inside the baby’s ear develop at this stage and baby’s hearing develops fully.
- The sucking reflex develops and some begin to suck their thumb.
- Talking to your child is important. It will recognise your voice and the voices of other family members.
- You could start reading or singing to your child now. The baby will increasingly hear sounds from the wider world.
- Listen to Rabhlaí Rabhlai at www.oidhreacht.ie